Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
7 posts
17,624 visits

Georgia Energy Assistance Program

friendshelpingfriends started this conversation

H.E.A.T. funds assist households experiencing a potential loss of energy service or households that are in need of getting service restored. The amount of funds available for distribution depends on the generosity of corporate and private donors.

Click Here For Website

The Georgia Department of Human Resources (DHR) distributes H.E.A.T. funds statewide through local community action agencies. To qualify for assistance, you must meet eligibility requirements. Qualified households may apply for assistance at the agency that serves their county. Download the directory of community action agencies (pdf file) to find out the name and number of the agency that serves your county.

Once an applicant has been approved for energy assistance, a check is sent to the energy provider and applied toward the applicant's account.

If you have questions about how to apply for H.E.A.T. funds, please call 678-406-0212.

Click here to add your comment...
 in response to Kellyp2005...   Use the search engines look up non-profit organizations like
Catholic Charities which is one I know of, and check Georgia's government sites. Should have [.gov] and there's probably plenty of resources there also. I hope this helps and wish you and your son well.
Talk to EriBlu
Anybody know how to get help for electric bill. It is getting shut off tuesday and I have a seven year old boy. We already do not have tv and cell phone will be off in a week. Please Please I really need help. I live in Forsyth County Georgia. Thank you, Kelly.
Talk to Kellyp2005
Does anyone know who I can contact for utility assistance in Cobb County specifically Smyrna?
Talk to Frags
are there any any places in clayton county ga that help with utiltly bills
Talk to needhelp01

I would like to know if your bill in someone else name could you still get assisant. because the person name it's in do not stay with me they just put it in their name to help me out because i couldn't put it in my name cause the bill was to much for me to pay at the time.

Talk to enyce39

st vincent de paul 7704589607

Talk to rose26